The magic of going back to roots of ayurveda with ayurvedic counselor angela perger
In today’s episode, we are diving deep with Angela, an Ayurvedic chef, Ayurveda health counselor, Yoga teacher and mother of two. She hosts The Simple Ayurveda Podcast where she discusses Ayurveda, motherhood and minimalism. She has a master of science in education and has been practicing Yoga since 2007. She uses Yoga and Ayurveda to thrive despite diagnoses of ulcerative colitis, hypothyroidism and a rare autoimmune liver condition. Her goal is to share these ancient sciences in simple, everyday ways so that you can be your happiest, healthiest self.
In this episode, Angela has dived right in to how she started her Ayurvedic journey being a western, American Woman with almost zero to no connection with the land of Ayurveda, India. It’s been so much fun to have Angela talk about the different archetypes, doshas, Prakriti or basically our nature determined by this ancient science. This episode is jam packed with a whole beginner’s guide to Ayurveda and all the why’s and how’s around incorporating it into our modern lifestyles.
Listen it right here or on Spotify, Anchor, Apple Podcast.
- 0:11 Angela’s journey to Ayurveda
- 3:40 Science of Ayurveda, concept of Ayurveda
- 5:02 Why are we bringing back Ayurveda right now//Ayurveda & Yoga
- 10:20 Ayurveda & Migraines
- 11:00 How Ayurveda helps economically and environmentally the world
- 12:52 How is an Ayurvedic diet different from other diets?
- 15:50 Modern Salad diets v/s Ayurvedic balanced diets
- 17:30 Understanding your body type and why you crave certain foods//combating acidity, heartburn
- 20:07 Understanding our Prakriti (nature), elements and Doshas
- 24:43 Keeping a wellness journal
- 24:50 Doshas and their energies
- 27:27 the new modern archetypes: kapha, pitta, vata
- 29:03 Imbalances of doshas
- 31:18 physical symptoms of imbalanced dosas
- 36:06 do our doshas change?
- 39:00 how to start making small shifts and changes
- 44:22 Ayurvedic rituals + some Ayurvedic food options for breakfast, lunch, dinner
Comment below if you enjoyed the episode!