Have you been trying to manifest that one damn thing but it’s just not ready to fruit up yet? And perhaps your manifestation has led you to feel even more frustrated and somewhere, a tad bit more guilty and ashamed as if there’s something wrong with you, or perhaps you haven’t done enough or maybe you aren’t deserving enough.
So maybe you find yourself scooping through more manifestation tricks, more rituals, more rampant affirmations and writing your goals 100x a day and perhaps cannot stop staring at your vision board in the hope that MAYBE it works. Well, you are maniac manifesting. Unfortunately, none of it is giving you that result that you are craving.
Well, this is because while you are doing all the right things on the surface to call in your manifestations, beneath all that surface-level actions are vibrations that echo shame, guilt, and fear.
The thing is, you manifest from your subconscious mind as opposed to your conscious mind. Energetically, the visions that you visualize through your third eye chakra, can only be grounded into reality through your lower chakras – the root chakra, the sacral chakra, and the solar plexus chakra.
When there are vibrations of unworthiness, guilt, shame, fear in our subconscious mind from our childhood or growing up years, we keep projecting and looping the same vibration over and over again.
Here are some ways you tend to self-sabotage your manifestation:
- Sometimes you can feel guilty and ashamed for calling in your desires because you don’t feel worthy of what you are calling in. So even when you are ‘doing’ the manifestation rituals and affirmations, deep down you have a voice like – who do you think you are This unworthiness can cause you to make mistakes , sabotage opportunities, push away and deny and reject your own self out of your desires.
- You feel guilty and ashamed for not having your desires yet in form. So, acting out of your old programmings, you often tell yourself stories of how you must not have done ‘enough’ and push yourself to overfunction, overperform, and chase – which we know, is not an energy of receiving. This is an inner child shadow where you believe ‘it must be my fault’.
- A lot of us have a lot of religious and spiritual conditioning around manifestation being bad, dark or evil. The truth is nothing is devilish or dark – every practice and tool is more of what we make of it. However, when your subconscious perceives these as dark, it would want you to steer away from it and protect yourself. This can manifest as you doing the rituals but not actually ‘believing’ in them or judging yourself or punishing yourself when you do. It can also manifest as you avoiding your practices altogether and saying ‘it doesn’t work!’.
- If you are calling in something which no one around you has ever experienced, it can cause a lot of guilt and shame. So even when you are ‘doing’ the manifestation work, deep down you have voices like – who do you think you are? Why should ‘you’ receive this? What have you done to get this? And so on.
- If what you are asking for was not available to you growing up, your mind can have a really hard time to grasp that it’s possible. This can cause a lot of fear and anxiety around the ‘how’ and send you in a fight and flight mode (root chakra) which means you’d get triggered, your nervous system won’t be responding optimally and you’d be spending most of your energy in trying to find a solution outside or fix rather than trust the Universe to deliver you your manifestations.
This is why surface-level manifestation will never lead you to sustainable long-lasting results until you are willing to go deeper and clean up. This is because every time you try to instill new programming, your old shadows will show up. This creates friction, blockage, manifesting unwanted problems, and self-sabotaging behaviors. This is where Shadow Work and Inner Child Work helps.
Your wounds were not your fault. When we do the inner work, we really see through our programmings and release the attached guilt, shame, and fear we have been carrying through. A lot of times we realize it’s not even ours.