In this article, we are going step by step to discuss how to self-regulate your emotions when you’re triggered or feeling emotions that you feel you’ve no control over.
01. Notice & acknowledge that you are experiencing an emotional reaction – if possible perhaps name it.
02. Accept & validate the presence of this emotion instead of blaming/judging it or trying to find the root trigger. This is not the time…remind yourself it’s safe to feel.
03. Focus on the physical sensation of this emotion in your body and release it through shaking, crying, screaming, breathing to release the energy.
04. Once you release, do something to soothe your nervous system and bring it back to homeostasis through reading, meditating, affirmations, listening to music, cuddling, sipping tea etc.
05. When you are calm and relaxed, open your journal to reflect on your experience. You can trace your trigger now, take responsibility of your healing and see what needs to be work at , either from your past or your childhood. You can also now see how would you want to draw boundaries or communicate your concern in a healthy way.
For 21 days, every day you receive a new guided video practice to start your day (or end it however you wanna go!).These practices will be short so that you can easily incorporate it in your daily routine, under 15-20 minutes, and will range from a restorative to embodiment to a breathwork to a meditation or a spiritual practice… A mix of everything for variety as well as a space to learn a new practice everyday to reset your nervous system.