A Meditation For Forgiveness
A lot of us are currently going through releasing our old lives, patterns, behaviours and even people. Whenever this happens, there’s a lot of resentment which rises to the surface.
As much as hurt you might be, the truth is that only forgiveness can truly release you. We can step into forgiveness the moment we recognize the soul. On a soul level, we are all helping each other grow and evolve. It might not be an easy pill to swallow if this is something you’ve read for the first time.
But, the truth is, unless you forgive, you keep yourself stuck in the cycles. Resentments don’t allow you to make space for the new.
As we are at such a potent time of changes and shifts, it’s a wonderful opportunity to forgive others and forgive yourself for not valuing the light that you really are.
Here is a meditation practice I am sharing with you today to forgive and release:
- Sit in a comfortable position on a chair or on a mat.
- Start with slow breaths and try to make them deeper.
- Ground yourself by visualizing that a chord from the base of your spine is digging deep into the centre of the earth where it attaches itself and anchors you. Also, visualize a source of golden light emanating from your heart and spreading all around you like a globe. Know that you are safe and protected within this practice.
- Now in your mind’s eye, invite the person you wish to forgive. This could also be you, so don’t limit yourself.
- Watching them, allow yourself to feel whatever comes up for you. You might feel this pain or knot in your heart chakra or solar plexus or maybe somewhere else in your body. Keep your hand on this place and allow yourself to feel through it and release.
- Now, see them in their eyes and say, “I am so grateful for all the lessons you’ve brought into my life. I honour your soul. Thank You. I forgive you and I release you.”
- You can keep repeating “I forgive you and I release you” for another one minute as you feel yourself letting this resentment inside you melt away more and more with every breath.
- You can stay here for a while or choose to end this meditation as you fully forgive and release this person.
- Bow down to the earth and thank the spirit for giving you this opportunity to free yourself. You may also want to say at this point, “I am free. And so it is.”
- Open your eyes and go on with your day knowing that you’ve done something amazing for yourself today. Thank yourself and give yourself a hug if you can 🙂
I hope this meditation for forgiveness helps you and you allow yourself to be free from cycles which don’t serve you anymore. You’re so ready to allow the new into your life. Sending love.
Share this meditation with a friend who needs this or on your social media to let everyone taste this freedom. Maybe you’re the light we need today. Also, I would love to see you take this conversation ahead or share your thoughts on my Instagram or on my Facebook group!