Toning your nervous system is an essential part of the healing process.
This is because we cannot live our highest timelines and manifest big dreams when our nervous system is going into a fight and flight or freeze response.
If you put out a big vision board, but your nervous system is not toned down or your emotions are dysregulated, that very vision board is going to trigger you. This is why i love talking about shadow work, inner child healing when i talk about Manifestation.
You cannot just do the mindset work when it comes to healing and reclaiming our dreams, our lives, our choices. The body needs to come along too.
Unfortunately, most of us have wrecked up nervous systems thanks to the lifestyle we live and the traumatic world we all have been brought up in.
All of us store some degree of trauma in our bodies. To say we do not have the bandwidth to cope with certain emotions is not false.
Imagine, if you dream of buying the house of your dreams or marrying the love of your life, but if your nervous system is constantly coping with fears of rejection, abandonment, disappointment, hurt, – it will always be repelling opportunities of growth or expansion of your Manifestation. Safety and survival is the most important thing for your body.
Now will the house of your dreams sabotage your safety?
Mmm not exactly.
But the process can bring up so many overwhelming complex emotions and triggers that if your nervous system is not toned enough to balance that out, it is gonna freak out , self sabotage and repel because your mind sees this as a THREAT and cause of the unresolved trauma it feels REALMore so, it’s not even fun to live with a nervous system that is always inflammated and looking for threats causing anxiety, migraines, hormonal imbalances, physical discomfort, digestion issues, muscle pain etc.
Toning your Nervous system can bring about healing on an embodiment level.
The parasympathetic nervous system does something called downregulating. In essence, your parasympathetic nervous system tells your brain what’s happening, instead of your brain telling your body what to do. Body leads in this case and mind follows instead of the other way round.
Learn how to tone your nervous system . Here are a few ideas to support you:
- Breathwork: Pranayama, 4-6-8 breathing, cyclical breath, and belly breathing are some of the ways in which you can use breathwork to activate the parasympathetic nervous system that brings you in the energy of rest and digest.
- Sound bath: Sound healing through singing bowls, crystal bowls, and solfeggio frequency can alter the brainwave causing a positive physiological response hence alleviating stress and regulating your emotions.
- Meditation: Meditation lowers your heart rate, clears your energy field, creating a space for your thoughts to pass through and allowing you to feel what needs to be felt. It’s important to create a safe space while you meditate. You can do a grounding meditation, crystal meditation, aura cleansing meditation or light meditation on a daily basis.
- Acupressure: Acupressure and related acupuncture and eft healing can help you to reset the energy flow in your body as it asks you to press or tap on to certain energy meridian points which tend to hold trauma in the body blocking the chi/prana/energy flow. These meridian points have specific functions and pressing or tapping them can cause the release and expansion of energy in that area spreading relaxation and healing throughout the body.
- Grounding: Nature has a way of healing. Grounding in nature, connecting with elements of Earth can heal our nervous system. As we allow ourselves to receive from nature through our presence, awareness and physical senses, we get out of our minds and connect back to our bodies.
- Somatic healing: Somatic movements, stretching, yin yoga, and shamanic shaking can all lead to disrupting the fight and flight or freeze mode causing the body to respond and release stored energy and trauma in our bodies. These movements are not based on an external appearance but rather in how we feel it internally which is why they are one of the best tools for toning our nervous system and teaching us how to stay in our body experience.
- Chakra healing: Chakra healing is another beautiful tool to unblock the energy flow, disrupt the trapped energetic loops, and open our energy centres. Chakras are energy centres that can go on to trap trauma and blockages. When we start working with each energy centre, we heal the autonomous, sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous system layers through correspondence meridians.
- Vocal Toning: Vocal toning is toning your nervous system by opening your throat chakra energy. Singing, chanting, and pillow screaming are some of the ways in which you can tone your nervous system by releasing excess energy and stimulating your vagus nerve, the longest nerve in the nervous system responsible for rest, relaxation and rejuvenation.