how to heal throat chakra and express yourself freely
Throat Chakra – or Vishuddha is the fifth chakra in our system and is responsible for our communication and expression with the outside world.
A closed throat chakra manifests as sore throat, cough, congestion as well as difficult communication, inability to express yourself, miscommunication, inability to express your feelings, not speaking for yourself, manipulation, being rude, cold language, stuttering, nervousness, etc.
The throat chakra rules neck, cervical, ears, mouth, vocal chords, respiratory system, thyroid, teeth, jaws. It reflects inspiration, contribution to the world, self reflection and Manifestation of ideas.
The ways shared down below can help you to stimulate and activate your throat chakra.
An open throat chakra
– feels the impulse to share their ideas
– expresses thoughts with sincerity without attacking
– learns to listen
– holds space without judgements
-channels their creativity
Elements from nature like the ocean or sky can help your throat chakra to activate.
A fully balanced throat chakra enables us to share our true energy with the world with ease and effortless flow without misunderstanding. It’s about speaking from our hearts instead of our mind. It’s not just speaking per se, it’s also about honouring mindful silence, practicing listening, journaling, optimal expression and its timing along with valuing balanced emotional exchange.
Our throat chakra is a channel to exteriorize our inner world, while at the same time enables us to listen to our inner guidance.
Down below are some ways through which you can heal your throat chakra:
01. Affirm “I am allowed to speak my truth fearlessly”.
02. Crystal therapy : Lapis Lazulli, Turquoise, Aquamarine
03. Talk to a friend
04. Wear blue
05. Practice Ujjayi breath
06. Journal on – what stops me from expressing myself?
07. Journal your feelings daily
08. Sit under blue sky or near water
09. Reflect on your communication style
10. Use healing essential oils like eucalyptus oil and peppermint essential oil
11. Sing songs or mantras
12. Practice specific yoga poses: fish pose, lion’s breath
13. Wear your expression
14. Write a letter
15. Eat blue coloured fruits like blueberries, blue currents etc.
16. Chant the mantra “ham”
17. Listen to high frequency music
18. Meditate on Goddess saraswati
19. Set clear, healthy boundaries
20. Breathwork or Pranayama
If you are feeling inspired to go fully embody and share your expression freely and fearlessly, join in for a healing 90 mins workshop to work with your energy and mindset around expressing your most authentic self. The workshop comes with a bonus workbook to work along and an epic EFT tapping audio to let your inner badass be seen loudly and unapologetically!